When looking for the best high chair, there are many options to consider. There are options for every style and price range, from simple and functional to sleek and ultra modern. Here are our top picks for the best high chair!
Top Picks: Best High Chair
Bloom High Chair
The bloom high chair is probably the most eye-catching high chair you’ll ever see. It’s an ultra modern, ultra convertible chair that bears little resemblance to a typical high chair. Bloom was founded by a team of four dads that wanted to bring a contemporary style to a range of baby products that were functional but had never been considered stylish. They gave the high chair a much needed makeover.
- LOTS of colors. Comes in a wide range of colors for the frame and insert. Bloom high chair fresco options include white, black, bermuda blue, rosey pink, rock red, gala green, harvest orange, downtown denim, canary yellow, provence purple, henna brown, gray, and silver. By far the best high chair in terms of design with such a variety of color options.
- Adjustable. The foot rest and height are adjustable. The seat reclines to multiple positions and it swivels 360°.
- Convertible. Many parents appreciate that the chair is three way convertible. When reclined back it holds babies under 6 months, perfect for napping or eating. The included “comfortnest” booster insert adds comfort and support for small babies, making it the best high chair if you want to use it as a baby napper. It also functions as a high chair for toddlers and a play chair for kids up to 79 lbs. You could theoretically get use out of this chair until your baby reaches seven or eight years old.
- Stylish. The best high chair design for parents that don’t want the look of a typical baby high chair. You’re sure to get a lot of compliments from you’re friends and family! You can completely customize your look by buying the bloom frame base and insert kit separately.
- Safety harness. Five point safety harness with height adjustable shoulder straps.
- Built in storage. The bloom high chair can store a few baby items discreetly in the compartment behind the seat. Only downside is that you can’t access the compartment while your baby is in the seat.
- Space saving option. Bloom also makes a stylish space saving nano high chair, ideal for condos and apartments.
- Difficult clean up. While the play tray and feeding tray are removable and dishwasher safe, the rest of the seat is difficult to clean. The bloom high chair has more nooks and crannies for food to get into making clean up more time consuming than it should be.
- Price. The bloom high chair looks like a million bucks. It doesn’t cost a million bucks but is one of the most expensive high chairs available, between $450-$650. If you love this high chair but can’t afford the price tag, you might also like the boon high chair.
- Assembly. Most high chairs require some assembly. This one is a bit more difficult because it has a lot of pieces. The directions are also pretty terrible.
- Warranty. The bloom high chair is covered by a two year warranty. Considering the cost of the chair and the fact that the bloom high chair is designed to seat children up to 7-8 years old, this isn’t the best high chair warranty. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair is modern, half the price, and comes with a 7 year warranty.
Graco High Chair
Graco has long been a manufacturer of all types of baby gear, including car seats, strollers, travel systems, play yards, and of course, high chairs! Founded in the US, they offer convertible high chairs that are functional and budget family. Graco’s high chairs are among the best selling, top rated high chairs in America. Many parents have had positive experiences with the DuoDiner LX, and the SimpleSwitch. But the most popular Graco high chair is the Blossom 4-in-1, pictured above.
- Convertible. Accommodates babies up to 36 months or 60 lbs. Starts as a high chair then converts to an infant booster seat, toddler booster seat, and youth chair.
- Price. The blossom 4 in 1 graco high chair is reasonably priced. The prices for the 4-in-1 model vary based on the color option you choose. Amazon sells the least expensive print for about $150 but it can cost $200+ in retail stores. This is the best high chair for budget conscious parents that want a convertible chair.
- Color options. While the blossom graco high chair doesn’t offer as many color combinations as the bloom high chair, it comes in capri, sapphire, vance, and winslet. All of the colors are neutral enough that they could be used for a boy or girl boy. Graco also offers these prints in car seats, strollers, and play yards. Some of Graco’s prints are exclusive to retail stores, making them harder to find online and more expensive.
- Easy clean up. Cleaning the graco high chair is much easier than cleaning the bloom high chair. The food tray is removable and dishwasher safe. The seat pad is also removable and can be cleaned in the washing machine. Beyond that, there are few places for food to hide. Graco is one of the best high chairs if you want easy maintenance as a good wipe down after each meal can keep it relatively clean from day to day.
- Assembly. Most high chairs require some assembly. This one has an easy set up.
- Warranty. Covered by a limited one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Adjustable. Offers three recline positions, six height positions, and three positions for the footrest.
- Seats multiple babies. This Graco high chair can seat two children at the same time! The high chair and the toddler booster can be used at the same time. The infant feeding booster and youth chair can also be used simultaneously. This is the best high chair for parents with multiple young children.
- Safety harness. Three and five point safety harness with shoulder straps.
- Wheels. The graco high chair has wheels but they don’t rotate easily and the wheel locks are a little clumsy. You have to push and steer the chair from the back.
- Multiple pieces to store. The booster seat is separate from the high chair. You’ll need some extra space to store it if you’re not using it.
Stokke Tripp Trapp High Chair
Peter Opsvik designed the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair in 1972 because he wanted his young son to be able to sit at the family’s dinner table and participate in meal time. He created a chair that placed his son at the correct height and adjusted as he grew. Surprisingly, the tripp trapp high chair did not sell well when it was first introduced. Since then, it has gained a lot of popularity and had sold over 6 million chairs by 2007. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair is now one of the top selling, highest rated chairs sold in the US.
- Convertible. If you’re looking for something ultra convertible this is the best high chair for you! This chair is designed to seat babies that can sit up unsupported- a milestone that usually occurs around six months. It can support adults up to 300 lbs!
- Color options. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair comes in black, red, white, blue, green, natural or walnut.
- Easy to clean. This chair is made of beechwood and wipes down easily. This is the best high chair if you want an easy cleanup.
- Lightweight. While it doesn’t have wheels on the bottom, the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair is surprisingly lightweight. It weighs about 16 lbs, roughly HALF of what a typical high chair weighs. Both the Graco high chair and the Bloom high chair weigh about 30 lbs.
- Durable. Because the chair is made of wood, it holds very well to daily toddler abuses.
- Price. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair sells for about $250 on Amazon. For some, that may seem like a lot of money for a high chair. This chair is designed to last for decades and the quality of the materials ensures years and years of heavy usage. Considering the length of the warranty and the price of comparable high chairs, the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair seems very reasonable for the value of what you’re getting.
- Easy assembly. It doesn’t have many pieces to assemble and the design is straightforward. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair is the best high chair to assemble.
- Warranty. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair is covered by an extended 7 year warranty. You’re guaranteed to get at least seven years out of it when you register your product online after purchase! This is the best high chair warranty.
- Tipping hazard. Use caution when using this chair with squirmy babies and toddlers. Stokke sells a baby seat, cushion pad, and feeding tray to help support babies and toddlers, but they shouldn’t be left in ANY high chair unattended.
- Safety harness. The Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair has a five point safety harness with adjustable shoulder straps. Many parents have difficulty strapping in small babies. Stokke recommends the chair only be used for babies that can sit up unsupported. They also sell separate baby seats and cushions that give more support to small squirmy babies.